About the Primary & Intermediate Schools
5th Grade Winning Team of the Great Israel Adventure Game
B’nai Israel Talmud Torah’s Lower School (grades K–6) aims to engage children in an exploration of Jewish texts, history, practices, and beliefs that are meaningful in the present and will be the foundation for a lifetime of participation in Jewish community.
- Develop a positive Jewish identity;
- Encourage and support curiosity into the nature of being and living Jewishly;
- Teach students to utilize Jewish texts for personal enrichment;
- Promote Jewish skills, ideas, and values;
- Develop a personal system of ethics founded on Jewish tradition and history;
- Provide a framework for living as an observant Conservative Jew; and
- Inspire a lifelong connection to Israel.
The integrated curriculum covers such topics as Hebrew language, t’fillah, synagogue skills, history, Bible, traditions, rituals, mitzvot, Jewish values, and culture. Our program includes:
- A Hebrew program that accounts for the diversity of our learners’ skills and needs with a well-defined resource program to support the individual needs of all our students; integration (with support, if needed) of students with a variety of learning challenges; a Hebrew immersion-type program for our Primary students; and an enriched Talmud Torah Knesset program for highly motivated, linguistically gifted students in grades 3–6, which includes a modern Hebrew component in addition to the prayer curriculum.
- A prayer mastery incentive program (the Gold Kippah Honor Society)
- A school-wide music program.
- Curriculum-based field trips, and more.
Please contact Education Director, Moshe Ben-Lev or call 301-881-6550 with any questions.
Primary & Intermediate Schools Information 2016/2017