B’nai Israel telephones are not working. In case of lifecycle emergency, please call 301-651-1941. This banner will be updated when service is restored.
1. Dates are assigned by calendar year three years in advance. At that time, families receive a form that they must fill out and return to the Cantor’s Assistant. Dates are assigned by our committee.
2. Contact our Events Manager, Patricia Simitakos (301-881-6550) to reserve a room for the party at B’nai Israel. For parties at B’nai Israel, families may choose from one of our approved Kosher caterers.
3. Contact vendors who may be a part of your party.
4. Attend Shabbat morning services and Junior Congregation on a regular basis.
5. Expect a call from one of our cantors about 12 months before the Bar/Bat mitzvah, to begin private lessons.
6. Meet with one of our rabbis 6-8 weeks in advance. They will reach out to you to schedule the appointment.
8. Ask any questions along the way … and remember to enjoy the big moment!